Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Boy or Girl?

BOY OR GIRL?!
Brad and I are prego! I grabbed a pregnancy test on my way home from the hospital, I thought their was like a 20% chance I was pregnant but I was pretty sure that for some odd reason I was late, NOT pregnant. All three of the test I took were positive, I wasn't sure whether to cry or scream out of excitement. Instead I decided that all THREE test were wrong that I wasnt pregnant. I wanted to tell Brad, but he was at work and I didnt want to do it over the phone or in a text. Later, Brad called and asked me to meet him and some of our friends at Jamba Juice! As Brad and I were sitting by ourselves for a second he asked if I had started my period, I said, "No". He looked at me for a second and said, "Are you pregnant"?..... I said, "Yes" and started to cry. Brad was so giddy he couldnt stop smiling, he said, " Im more excited than I ever thought I would be". I was still in shock and scared of being pregnant with all the changes that are happening in our lives right now. Brad wanted to tell the whole world, but I made him promise not to say a word. I was still not convinced I was pregnant so on the way home we picked up two more test. They were also positive. Our plan was not tell tell anyone until about 12 weeks in case I were to have a miscarriage. I went to work the following day and I was looking over some information on a patient I was getting and noticed that the patient had a history of shingles. I asked Tiffany, (who had some intuition going on) if shingles was like MRSA, that if you have ever had it than you would ALWAYS be on contact precautions. Tiff said, " No, you just can't take care of them if youre pregnant. You're not pregnant are you"? Lol all I could do was say, "Yes". Tiffany quickly made arrangements for me and Traci (who was at the opposite end of the table) to switch patients, but she also had to ask Traci if she is pregnant. It was pretty simple for everyone in the room to realize that Traci and I were switching because I was pregnant. I just smiled and said, "SURPRISE". It turned out to be a good thing, I was able to ask two other pregnant girls on my unit questions about their pregnancies. The only reason that I didnt want a baby right now is because I will be living in TX for a month by myself and if I were to get sick I wouldnt have Brad with me. Now, Im so exited I can hardly stand it. I keep thinking about how I wanna do the baby room, and if it will be a boy or a girl, what we will name it, what he/she will look like. It seems unreal to me, I think once I start to show, or feel the baby kick it will feel more real. For now, I will just dream about this amazing little baby that is about to enter our lives! We feel so blessed!

17 comments:

A Piece of the Puzzel...Journey Through Life (Stacie) said...

IM SOOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU AND BRAD!!!! YOU WILL BE AN AWESOME MOM! Why are you movin to Texas? Everything will go well for you. I know you two will be great parents. I love you and miss you tons....oh ya BTW all i need to do is see the Stake Pres and my papers can be sent to SLC! I get my wisdom teeth out nxt thursday! love you and miss you

Mullenaux said...

That is so exciting for you two! I felt the same way when we found out that I am pregnant, it didn't really feel real to me, but after I got my first ultrasound and sonogram it became way real and way exciting!

Robert and Lanie Meyers said...

Oh My Gosh!!!! Congrats! When are you due! I can't wait. Our babies are going to be the same age!!!! I just started feeling mine kick and we find out the gender next week. The first trimester is tough but you'll get through it. Just make sure to get lots of sleep. Ask how your moms went that's usually an indicator of how you will do. I threw up everyday for 3 months ugh.. It gets better when you show and feel that baby kick. Congrats to you both!!!!

Jory and Chani said...

Moriah I'm so excited for you!

JaelandSteveThompson.blogspot.com said...

wow~~ so exiting! You two will be fabulous parents! I know that you'll love it! Jael and Steve.

Sopha said...

Moriah that is so awesome and exciting! Gosh there will be babies everywhere haha! How fun for your guys!

Kamala Crockett said...

YAY that's so exciting!! It seems getting prego is the thing to do right now!! Good luck and I hope you don't get sick. I am now in trimester #2 and feeling so much better! Have fun and enjoying counting weeks...it takes forever!!

Jessie and Byron said...

yay!! congrats! I found your blog! Send me your email address and I will invite you to mine... its smile_jessie04@Hotmail.com where do you guys live??? Sooo excited for you to have a baby.... I will never forget GUSTAVO MALDONADO and the way he would say OH MORIAH.... HAHA1

Kamala Crockett said...

Wait...is this an April Fool's joke? You have a very good story but still I wonder...

Joe and Amie said...

Congrats Moriah!! I'm so excited for you guys!

BMC said...

No, Kamala its not an April fools joke. I was just as shocked as you. Now that Im getting used to the idea of a little someone inside me I love it. I havent been sick at all. A little tired in the early afternoon, but really I have nothing to complain about. We cant wait!

The Ames Family said...

I haven't been on your blog forever! I always do facebook! Anyway, I'm so excited for you two! What a lucky baby to have such wonderful parents to welcome him/her into this world! You two will do great things....

Lauren said...

Moriah! I'm so excited for you guys! You're so cute! good luck with all the fun pregnancy stuff!

Janene said...

Haha, I thought it was SO funny on Marley and Me when Jennifer took a bazillion preg tests! I'm sure I would, too! Congrats girlfriend, I hope the pregnancy goes easy for you : )

Terri James said...

congratulations! I am so excited for you and your new life changes! I hope all is well and I wanted to see you before you left--hopefully if you come back we can get in touch! Congratulations again. I have a friend in Allen Texas if you are going to live close by...I can give you her name and phone number-she's an amazing person! Best of Luck!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

You two are so funny! I'm so happy and SOOOOO excited to be an auntie again!!! Kids are the best...don't let the morning sickness fool you! (c: Love ya

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....